Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 09:48 AM   #1
SvenLotus
SvenLotus began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to merge multiple epub files into one?

I have downloaded a 14 part story as individual html files. I then imported each individual html file into calibre. Now I would somehow like to merge all 14 individual epub files into one epub file where each of the original individual files becomes a single chapter in the larger combined epub file.

I have searched around and I do not see a way to do this.
Is this possible or not?
SvenLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I hope you did not fully rely on the MR search tool as it throws a lot of extra stuff.

EPUB Merge the Plugin (fast for doing multi-section books, doing add-on's)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:18 AM   #3
SvenLotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I hope you did not fully rely on the MR search tool as it throws a lot of extra stuff.

EPUB Merge the Plugin (fast for doing multi-section books, doing add-on's)
I did download the Epubmerge plugin source3 but there are no driections for how to use it. I did use the setup.py file included in the source to install it but when I try to run it from the command line I get the following error:

$ epubmerge
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/epubmerge", line 11, in <module>
load_entry_point('EpubMerge==3.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'epubmerge')()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 490, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2854, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2445, in load
return self.resolve()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2451, in resolve
module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'epubmerge'

Now since this is called a "plugin" I would have thought it should somehow be imported to calibre as a plugin like a plugin in GIMP or a webbrowser but again I was not able to find any documentation on how to import a plugin to calibre.
Old Today, 10:36 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Preferences, Plugins, install plugin

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#preferences

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Last edited by PeterT; Today at 10:38 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #5
SvenLotus

OK, I managed to install the EpubMerge plugin but I cannot figure out how to activate it from the calibre desktop UI

If I go to preferences -> Plugins it says it is under "User interface action" but how do I actually make use of the plugin?
Advert
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Proper installation should have created an icon on the toolbar
(merge is on the left here. Split on the right is a 'companion' PI )

Preferences Toolbars is where you can change what / where these appear

BTW The default is with the DEVICE DISCONNECTED
Attached Images

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #7
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
You select the files in the main Calibre view and tap the arrow to the right of the plugin icon and select combine the files
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	6
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	209585  
dunhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 PM   #8
SvenLotus

Thanks to everyone who responded