Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
List PDF annotations

Is it possible to list all annotations done in a PDF? I use NeoReader in my Boox, and other PDF Viewers in iOS/Android and all of them allow show the list of annotated pages in one or other way, like showing thumbnails of annotated pages or a listing of annotations.

I cannot find anything similar in KOReader (Android version). Surely I'm missing it because I think it is a basic thing to do.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Bookmarks (1st menu on the left)

There's also a gesture which works on MT devices: two fingers swipe from right to left.

All these things work within a book. If you need/want to get the highlights/annotations of all your books you can use KoHighlights or export them to json/text/html using the Evernote plugin. (Exporting to evernote itself is broken, so that won't work ATM)
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry but shows empty.

Not Boox NeoReader3 annotations/bookmarks, not the ones done with PDF Expert in macOS and not with PDF Viewer in iOS (PSPDFkit) nor DevonThink ToGo (in iOS).

All programs see each other annotations but KOReader sees nothing. Is it using the standard PDF annotation or a self-designed one?
Old 04-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I'm sorry but shows empty.

Not Boox NeoReader3 annotations/bookmarks, not the ones done with PDF Expert in macOS and not with PDF Viewer in iOS (PSPDFkit) nor DevonThink ToGo (in iOS).

All programs see each other annotations but KOReader sees nothing. Is it using the standard PDF annotation or a self-designed one?
I just assumed you want to see the bookmarks done in the program. My bad.

The program uses MuPDF and MuPDF supports pdf annotations: https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/m...df/pdf-annot.c

So, it should be possible to get the behaviour you want. Patches welcome.

The other way around should work (ie: highlights made in KOReader would become part of the PDF if you choose to save them in the file and will be available for programs that list pdf annotations).

AFAICT the program uses an internal representation of highlights (where annotations are just edited highlights). That's true for all supported formats. PDF is a bit special in the sense it is possible to write *some* changes to the file.

Edit: current logic in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-798968397
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Thanks.

However, too much complex for me.

If I've understand you and comments in code repository, muPDF uses the standard PDF annotation, but the integration into KOReader breaks (or not uses it). I understand it could be caused because no other supported format has annotation standard (eg, ePub, fb2, ... mobi has), and to make a common factor for all, saving status in a custom folder/files at side of the file itself.

Related to write into PDF, I understand it is the equivalente of "flatten", and I don't want that as well.

Definitively, KOReader is not for me. I need complete interoperability between PDFs across systems. I will continue using my current approach, that is, having synchronised some folders with Dropbox via FolderSync and manually synchronising them attaching the program into floating ball. (Yes, FolderSync has auto-sync, but as in iOS and Dropbox, not always works and need to be manually started).

PS: I've always complained high and loud about what crappy is KOReader... However, I have to admit that it has improved a lot over time, but that there are some features that I need and the program, despite how powerful it is, does not have.
Advert