Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
BaldEmu
BaldEmu began at the beginning.

Device: None
2 gray scales mode?

Hi All! I'm considering getting the 505, and these forums have been incredibly helpful. While one concern holding me back is the screen size, the other is the page flip time - I read quite quickly, and found the full-second flip time distracting on testing.

However - in the product comparison matrix it mentions that page flips on 2 gray scales mode are twice as fast - does anyone know how to turn this mode on? or is it a setting in the actual eBook?

Thanks in advance for any help.........
BaldEmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, BaldEmu, I think the 2 shades thing will have to be re-developed for the 505, as the 500 hacking approaches don't work on it, so that's one thing.

I would suggest that you have a look at a 505 in person, if you can -- I found the page flips less noticeable on it than the 500, and others have commented that they found the same thing. However, the flip time on the 500 isn't bothersome to me to begin, so I wouldn't want you to take my word for it, since you seem to find it bothersome. I just think the 505 might be worth a look to you since it does seem to have some improvement there. :nisce:
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, and Welcome to MobileRead!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote