Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 PM   #1
ssaahh
ssaahh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation
.epub dictionary to .mobi dictionary

I have a Dictionary in .epub format which is format than e reader require for a dictionary.Whem using Calibre to convert that .epub dictionary to .mobi,it is converts that .epub file to .mobi file but that .mobi file is recognised in kindle as a book not a dictionary.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...81#post2562381

I have came across this post in this forum but I do not know how to use pearl.Also programs used in program like mobigen is dicontinued.Instructions are too advanced for me.
(What I have done :-)
I have unzipped .epub file.Then in one of the folder there are 10-15 html file where is actual data and one content.opf file.From here I do not know how to convert this to tab delimited file and that tab delimited file to .opf file and then that .opf file to .mobi file that will be accepted in kindle as dictionary.
ssaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaahh View Post
I have a Dictionary in .epub format which is format than e reader require for a dictionary.Whem using Calibre to convert that .epub dictionary to .mobi,it is converts that .epub file to .mobi file but that .mobi file is recognised in kindle as a book not a dictionary.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...81#post2562381

I have came across this post in this forum but I do not know how to use pearl.Also programs used in program like mobigen is dicontinued.Instructions are too advanced for me.
(What I have done :-)
I have unzipped .epub file.Then in one of the folder there are 10-15 html file where is actual data and one content.opf file.From here I do not know how to convert this to tab delimited file and that tab delimited file to .opf file and then that .opf file to .mobi file that will be accepted in kindle as dictionary.
I can give it a look.
Could you send me the both files?
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert