Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Bricked my Libra by tinlering

I though it would be fun to format my data partition btrfs to use compression.

First I ssh'd into the root partition and changed the entries in /etc/initd/rcS from vfat to btrfs.

Then I backed up my data and formatted the vfat data partition to btrfs. I restored the data and removed the device from the pc.

Then it bricked.

There is a exclamation mark the screen. When plugged in viz USB, 'fdisk -l' does not even see the disk.

When I hold down power, the screen flashes white for a moment then goes back to the exclamation mark.

Advice?
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
i fixed it.

It seem that holding down the power plus both pagination buttons for 20 seconds does a hard reset.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't monkey around with the file system. Didn't you read the warning NOT to do this?

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-27-2020 at 09:46 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote