Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
worldtraveler
worldtraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
GLO HD no web browser

Hello

I bought a Kobo Glo HD, but I cant find the browser.
Kobo says there is one but I can't find it.
Without a browser the device is useless for me
worldtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Should be in Settings -> Beta Features -> Browser

Wifi must be set up and running or it will refuse to start.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
worldtraveler

SOLUTION: With a fake registration the beta apps are not visible.

Last edited by worldtraveler; 07-22-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That must be new... they're visible for me, fake registration or no.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #5
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler View Post
Hello

I bought a Kobo Glo HD, but I cant find the browser.
Kobo says there is one but I can't find it.
Without a browser the device is useless for me
Hi !

If it isn’t where it should, you could force the line in the database to make the tile on the home screen since the code is still in the firmware. Just plug in your kobo, make a backup of your database and open it with a sqlite browser. Make a new line in the activity table with the following as data :

"browser" "true" "Extras" "2" "2015-07-23T07:55:31" ""
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2015, 03:16 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler View Post
SOLUTION: With a fake registration the beta apps are not visible.
What did you set the "IsChildAccount" column to? If this was "true" or "1", the beta page of the settings won't be displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 AM   #7
worldtraveler

Thank you, the mistake was I put a value insinde the "IsChieldAccount" field. I changed it to zero and now everything works fine.

Last edited by worldtraveler; 07-23-2015 at 07:05 AM.