Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
JamboUK
JamboUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Date In News Titles (Fetch News)

Hi,

I have been using the Fetch News functionality in Calibre for 18 months to grab news paper titles (such as The Independent and The Guardian) and having them sent via scheduling to a Kindle. It has been brilliant.

Yesterday I had to rebuild my machine (a Mac) that is running Calibre which of course meant a fresh install of Calibre.

Now all the news titles that I subscribe to have a date appended into the title (Such as The Independent, [Sat, 09 March 2013] ) whereas they never used to before (and I have had several instances of Calibre installed on various machines) which would be no big deal but surely when this is sent on to my Kindle each title is going to be seen as unique thus listing The Independent multiple times instead of, as previously, auto archiving.

I would ideally like it working as before. Can anyone help? Thanks.
JamboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile to Kindle and your output format to MOBI.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
qubus
qubus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Hello

I have a similar (opposite) problem. I own a Sony PRS-T2 and use Calibre to sync some news to my device (like The Economist). My problem is, that when I want to read the most recent one, I either have to switch to view the file-names or just try every one out until I get the recent date. The books are all called the same "The Economist". Of course, the added date is different, but I would much rather have, what everybody on the net seems to complain about, something like "The Economist 2013-03-14".
Same problem applies to the content server. I have to open everything to check the date before I find the newest one to download to my reader.

I've been searching online and it seems that everybody wants to get rid of the date in brackets appended to the title. I do not have such a date in my Calibre 0.9.22. What do I have to do/add to the recipes to get them?

Let me know what you need to know about my settings. I changed the default output from mobi to epub recently, other than that I don't think I did much with the settings.

Thanks for the help

Edit:
BTW, I tried it with different news sources, all of them show only the title in their title field without and date: "The Guardian and The Observer", "Spiegel Online - German", "The Atlantic", "BBC News", "The Economist", "NZZ Online", ...

Edit 2:
Based on the reply to the first post, I played around with the output options a little. I think I found the solution. I changed the output profile from Kindle (no idea why that was configured as such) to Sony Reader. Now it works as I presume it should.

Last edited by qubus; 03-14-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Got it!
qubus is offline   Reply With Quote