Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Today, 09:49 AM   #1
tfonias74
tfonias74 began at the beginning.

Device: android
How to add a page break in the editor?

Hello.

Firstly, this SW is phenomenal. Excellent work and features.
I made a conversion from PDF to EPUB which went very well.
After that I started editing the files to fix the problems and I have pretty much cleaned it up. I also set the appropriate headings and created the TOC.
The only thing I have trouble finding is how to set page break before the chapters.

Thanks in advance.
tfonias74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
The best manner is just to make each chapter it's own file.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am a fan of separate file way.
BUT
go over to W3C and look for the series of CSS Styles

wait for it.......

pagebreak-before, pagebreak-after, pagebreak-inside
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I agree with both comments, above. But, for giggles, here's how I format my chapter headings in the stylesheet:

Code:
h1, h2, h3, h4 {
/* Basic Chapter Heading Styling */
  page-break-before: always;
  page-break-after: avoid;
  text-align: center;
}
I don't think I've ever gone beyond h4, so that's why I've only modified those four.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
break, edit book