Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
Kath_Brentford
Kath_Brentford began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch / Nexus 10
Forgotten Password

I am trying to connect CC to Calibre using Connect as Wireless Device. I have done it before but not for several months so I've forgotten what I did last time. I may in fact have connected via USB; I don't know if I can tell.

CC is asking me for a password for the calibre library - it's got the name of the library correct so they are talking to each other. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what the password is.

I can't see where to change it (or delete it), which I assume is on calibre. I'm also guessing that it does actually mean a library specific password rather than a wifi password or any other type but I may be wrong. They are both using the same wifi network. I have put in the calibre IP address which has made no difference.

I'm using CC v3.5.9 on a Nexus 10 and calibre v 2.15 (64 bit) on Win 7 (64 bit).
Kath_Brentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath_Brentford View Post
I am trying to connect CC to Calibre using Connect as Wireless Device. I have done it before but not for several months so I've forgotten what I did last time. I may in fact have connected via USB; I don't know if I can tell.

CC is asking me for a password for the calibre library - it's got the name of the library correct so they are talking to each other. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what the password is.

I can't see where to change it (or delete it), which I assume is on calibre. I'm also guessing that it does actually mean a library specific password rather than a wifi password or any other type but I may be wrong. They are both using the same wifi network. I have put in the calibre IP address which has made no difference.

I'm using CC v3.5.9 on a Nexus 10 and calibre v 2.15 (64 bit) on Win 7 (64 bit).
Preferences: Sharing over the net (for the Content server)
The sharing icon (drive with 3 orbs above):wireless device connection (when stopped)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
Kath_Brentford
Kath_Brentford began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch / Nexus 10
Thank you so much. Sorted and syncing.
Kath_Brentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath_Brentford View Post
Thank you so much. Sorted and syncing.
An excellent application you may want to consider is LastPass. It's a free, highly secure (encrypted and salted) password vault you can install on your PC. I use it and love it (the free version is all most of us would need...) Much safer than storing them in your browser, etc. All you have to remember is your master PW to get into your vault. (I am not associated with them... I am just highly motivated about security...)
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote