Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
T68 - Calibre and folder structure on the device

Hello,
I've been using the T68 for a month and i'm pretty satisfied with it so far.
My question is: in order to improve the speed of the search/retrieval of books from the external sd which is the best way to store the books?
Currently I have about 5000 books, they are separated in folders (per language) and in each one you can find the books as files.
The problem is that for my main languages i have more or less 12.000 files (books + metadata + covers) in the same folder, so a simple search takes a lot.
So i suspect that there would be a better way to organize them..
Any suggestions?

thank you in advance

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
cdvdtux
cdvdtux has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Firefly and Kindle Touch
I have 7000 books and don't know how many files. What I was do, is making up to 3 separate folder (for each) letter, so I have Ab, Ak, Ar, ...Y, Z. The idea is to remain inside 250-300 books inside each folder. Is much faster now (but not fast).
cdvdtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvdtux View Post
I have 7000 books and don't know how many files. What I was do, is making up to 3 separate folder (for each) letter, so I have Ab, Ak, Ar, ...Y, Z. The idea is to remain inside 250-300 books inside each folder. Is much faster now (but not fast).
thank you,
it's a good idea, but how can you do it with Calibre? I mean, i know how to create separate folders for the first letters of the author, but 3 folders for the same letter?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
cdvdtux
cdvdtux has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Firefly and Kindle Touch
You're Welcome man :-)
Well, I'm doing that with a little help of Midnight Commander. At first I make (while I'm still in Calibre) copy of everything (all library for transferring at reader) in one folder. Then I make another folder with directory tree. Manually. And than from Midnight Commander I select books (with appropriate starting letters) and copying them to corresponding folders. At last I copy that organized folder to SD card.
cdvdtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:39 AM   #5
Brandobras
Zealot

too difficult for me :-)
i'll try using the author_sort[0], just to see if there are any improvements..

Thank you
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
I use this:

{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{authors} - {series} - {series_index:>3s} - {title}

and am quite happy with it
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #7
Brandobras
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
I use this:

{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{authors} - {series} - {series_index:>3s} - {title}

and am quite happy with it
thank you;
as for me eventually i've decided to use this structure:

{languages}/{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort} - {title}

it's perfect for my needs :-)