Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
kenhlaw
kenhlaw began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5
Angry Send specific format to device doesn't show epub

I just switched to a Samsung A50 phone. When I connect the phone to my PC and try to "Send specific format" to Storage Card A, the EPUB format doesn't display in the dialog. It shows AZW3, MOBI and PDF, even though the selected book is available in EPUB format. This has always worked before with my Samsung S5. I am running the latest version of Calibre on a Windows 10 machine. I have not changed any Calibre preferences that I am aware of. I can copy the .epub files directly from the Calibre library folder to the phone using Explorer, but that is tedious. Any help would be appreciated.
kenhlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you useing Save to disk ?
Preferences: Saving to Disk: File formats to save
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #3
kenhlaw

Thanks for the quick reply. In the "Saving books to disk" the "File formats to save" is set to "all". The "Sending books to devices" dialog doesn't have a field for file types. So I'm still at a loss.

Last edited by kenhlaw; 12-20-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Didn't finish post.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't where you are looking.
I don't see any 'All" (or instructions to type that) in the STD preference.
Note: I edited this setting almost a decade ago, so 'All" may have been the value that got replaced waaaaay back then

For a DEVICE,
When you connect, the Icon on the toolbar changes: Use that , PREFERENCES to configure formats (allowed by the device that is attached)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
kenhlaw

Thumbs up

Thanks again. I finally found the answer. When I connect the device, a "Card A" button appears on the toolbar. If I click the arrow, there is a "Configure this device" on the drop-down menu. That dialog box allows me to set the formats to be downloaded to the device (epub is NOT set by default) and also allows me to set the folders to send the format(s) to. Not very intuitive and I had set it up for my old phone so long ago that I had forgotten all about it.
Advert