Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Cool AUDIO BOOKS! Help!

I have a 4 gig Sansa Clip & Every time I try to put more than one book on it the Books get Scrambled together UGH! I have tried to put 1 on it then add the next book & they still endup Mixed together! & Even at times a single book will endup mixed up! What am I doing WRONG!! Same thing happens when I put books on a SDcard!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
More details please. What format are the books in? How are they getting mixed up? Will it switch between books, i.e. Track 1 from book A, Track 2 from book B?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I don't have a Sansa Clip but I can say I really struggle with metadata on audiobooks, especially books that I've imported from a CD. When the metadata gets mixed up, it often doesn't play smoothly when I put it on a device.

I have a program - MP3tag. I've found it best to look at all the metadata using it first and make sure every file has the exact same album name, author name ... everything. And then I use the tool to renumber all the tracks consecutively rather than by Disc.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I suspect that's the problem. I used to go through the same issues when I ripped audio books from CD. It's one of the reasons I went with Audible. The time saved is worth the monthly subscription.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
As most people know, I'm definitely not the one to ask about anything technical, (!) but I, in company with a lot of others, admire the little Sansaclip enormously.

It simply does the job in a brilliantly simple, cheap and unobtrusive way....

I've only recently realised I can put audio on it (duh..) and my put audiobooks on a card, d/loaded from disc into Windows Media. I find quite a few of these in Thrift/charity shops. And if you have someone who can turn cassettes into CD , those are cheap as chips ! £1-£2 for 7-odd + hours ain't bad, ad I've got some really good books this way.

It then simply syncs it onto the card.
Oh, it's the 8GB sansaClip+, shouldn't think it maked any difference.

I haven't yet d/loaded direct, but I'll try this weekend if I get a chance.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I have a 4 gig Sansa Clip & Every time I try to put more than one book on it the Books get Scrambled together UGH! I have tried to put 1 on it then add the next book & they still endup Mixed together! & Even at times a single book will endup mixed up! What am I doing WRONG!! Same thing happens when I put books on a SDcard!
Are you just doing a drag & drop with the files, using WMP, using Winamp, using???

Have you tried setting up a playlist for each book?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I'm an extensive audio book listener. I have several, i.e. about 6 or so, mp3 players. I have found that there are three data items that need tending too.

1. The file name.
2. The track name.
3. The track number.

Different devices will use different items to play consecutively. I have also found that on the two "names" that the sorting will only go for the first 6 or 7 characters. Thus: "Harry Potter disk 1 track 1" will be confused with "Harry Potter disk 1 track 2"

So.... The first thing I do is rename the file and track with "001 Harry Potter", etc., and MAKE SURE the tracks are numbered. Sometimes they all get number "1" which confuses the "you know what" out of the systems.

As far as the Sansa Clip, I have one with the microsd card slot. On my notes I keep for all my players, I wrote that the Clip plays by "File name".

Hope this helps.

BTW: I only use MP3's audio books. If you are using DRM'd WPA, I'm not sure this applies.

good luck.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
My audio books are mp3 audio books. I tag them with mp3tag (free program). I then put each book into it's own folder, names the same as the book. I then drag the whole folder of each book onto my Clip+. On my clip+ I go to music, folders, and all the folders I drug over show up on the list. I choose one, then click 'play all'. It will only play the files in that folder, and play them in order. This also works on the Fuze. I don't know about the original Clip. Let me know if you need more details...
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You folks gave me great advice & Ideas to try! Thanks!!
I use it for Library audio books mostly in WMA Format [No problem!] My personal collection is MP3s which are the Problem. It not scrambled by Tracks they seem to be scrambled by Disc. Disc 1 of 1 book ends then it will play Last disc of another book!! Kinda confusing! Multi books cause more headaches trying to find Disc 2 of the Org book I trying to listen to!! I use Win Media Player & I rip CDs on my computer with Power2Go programs that came with my HP!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use it for Library audio books mostly in WMA Format [No problem!] My personal collection is MP3s which are the Problem. It not scrambled by Tracks they seem to be scrambled by Disc. Disc 1 of 1 book ends then it will play Last disc of another book!! Kinda confusing! Multi books cause more headaches trying to find Disc 2 of the Org book I trying to listen to!! I use Win Media Player & I rip CDs on my computer with Power2Go programs that came with my HP!

That's exactly what I ran into until I figured out the "Names" problem. Make sure each file and track name has the number First then the Name. If you still use Disc 1 and Disc 2, then just put a sequential number at the beginning and leave the rest. But make sure every file of a book has that book's title or you will really get fouled up.

001 HP Sorcerer Stone Disc 1 Track 1
002 HP Sorcerer Stone Disc 1 Track 2
120 HP Sorcerer Stone Disc 10 Track 5
121 HP Sorcerer Stone Disc 10 Track 6

For my "File Names" I have have a Photo Management program that does "Bulk Renames" on files. I use it for the "file name" redo's.

AJ
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Yeah, it's your personal collection you will have to put into folders according to book. Then you can just select the folder you want to play and it will only play that book. Much easier than trying to make playlists. Or, there are free programs out there that will take all the files of your book and make it one big file. I dont' know how well the clip will handle one big file though. And if you lose your place it is a pain to fast forward through half the book to find your place again.
I don't know how your program rips your CDs, but Audiograbber will rip the CD so that each cd is one track, instead of many little tracks. I got frustrated with some of the new audio books, each CD would have 99 tracks each!! Audiograbber is free, and I will gladly talk you through ripping as one track.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I have a Sansa clip and I listen to audiobooks. And I have struggled with this issue.

The ID3 tags on audiobooks are often complete crap, or just plain missing, which can lead to this type of scrambling. The Clip has a separate folder for audiobooks. If you put the files in there, and they don't have ID3 tags, it will sort them by file and folder. Sometimes this does the trick. If you are ripping an audiobook from CDs, just leave the tags empty and name the files and folders well. It's less work, and more effective, than trying to make the tags work.

The other advantage of using the audiobook folder, is that if you also have music in the music folder, you can set it to play all and shuffle and not get pieces of your audiobooks mixed up in the shuffled music.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
AJ Starr
Guru

I have found that the "audiobook" folder in the mp3 player is only effective for the downloaded audiobooks with the aac (or whatever it is) that Audible.com and others like that use.

If you drag and drop your folders with audio MP3 files, use the Music folder. It works much better.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #14
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I don't have Audible (or iTunes) and I don't have any audio files in my collection that use any format other than MP3, but my stuff does work in the audiobook folder. I have even put a few albums that are "rock opera" in that folder, and some comedy albums, because MP3s of that style don't play well in shuffle with a bunch of three minute pop songs.

I don't know what causes the difference is between my experience and yours. But the original poster might as well try it, at least - they have nothing to lose.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:

Not sure if it will help, but what I do, is once the tracks are ripped (using WMP), I join them using a small, free program I found online (there are lots). I do this for each disc and number them as I go. Once each disc is ripped and joined, I place them all in a folder with the name of the book and transfer the folder.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote