Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #1
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Comparing Libraries

Goodnight:
I wonder if it is possible that, comparing 2 libraries, or failing that, set caliber to allow multiple instances, which in charge of the library A and in the other instance the library B.

I hope I made myself clear.
Sorry my grammar
Thanks for everything
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Find Duplicates plugin can find the duplicate books between two libraries.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #3
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for answering. Let me explain. I downloaded almost 1000 epub my trusted site. I added to an empty temporary library, and after I updated some data, I proceeded to move them to the main library. At that time Calibre detect duplicates. So I spent all duplicate to another library. The fact is that duplicates are not always such, because they are usually different translations or different editions. For that reason i want compare not only locate duplicate.

I hope I explained better now.
thanks for your support
Old 05-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use CALM. Consolidate All Library Metadata.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thanks for answering. Two questions. First one, where I can find CALM option? Last one, the CALM option refer, i guess, the use of metadata info, right? However, many books don't consign the information, by example, about the traductor; other information that metadata don't consider are editorial, because Calibre mostly use the informacion about where you download de book. So, for that reason, I though that checking visual are the best way.

Best regards from Lima, Perú
Sorry with my grammar.

Blessings
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #6
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Create a catalog of both libraries in csv or xml format. Then use something like excel to compare both files.
You can select which fields to export/compare.
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CALM is a plug-in, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265947

CALM consolidates all metadata, including custom columns.

The metadata includes page count, language, file size, any custom columns you have created, plus all of the other standard columns.

I asssume you have run all of your EPUBs through the 'Modify EPUB' plug-in prior to running the 'Count Pages' plug-in with almost all (but not all) of the checkboxes 'checked'.

When visually comparing them in CALM, if the file sizes or page counts are vastly different, or the languages are different, then you know they likely are not true duplicates.

Run the 'Extract ISBN' plug-in for all of them. If their ISBNs are identical, that is a clue that they are identical.

If their ISBNs are different, then run the 'Library Codes' plug-in to determine their Dewey Decimal Codes. If their DDCs are significantly different, then that is a clue that they are not true duplicates.

If the above does not work for you, then comparing their texts side-by-side is warranted. Since they are in different physical Calibre libraries, that is easier said than done. With some creativity, you can figure out how to ergonomically do so.

CALM has a 'Library Tools' Tab that can be used to delete books from their Source Library, or to copy from one Source Library to another Source Library. You can also standardize their metadata via the 'Metadata Tools' Tab.

Good luck.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-10-2016 at 09:09 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #8
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thanks for answering. I mean this. By example, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel DeFoe

Título original: Robinson Crusoe
Daniel Defoe, 1719
Traducción: Enrique de Hériz
Diseño de cubierta: Titivillus
Editor digital: Titivillus
ePub base r1.2

Título original: Robinson Crusoe
Daniel Defoe, 1719
Traducción: Maricielo Verdall Santiago
Diseño de cubierta: Titivillus
Editor digital: Titivillus
ePub base r1.2

This information is not consign in the metadata information. The only way I can verify it is or by the book cover or review the first pages. For that reason I need to compare libraries, because if the book cover are the same (rare but possible), I can find the difference reviewing the first pages.

I hope I have explained my problem better this time.

Regards from Lima, Perú.
Again, sorry my grammar (I use Google Traductor for checking my grammar)
Blessings
Old 05-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
While it takes more time than if two versions of calibre were ran at the same time, you can run a duplicate check, take the list of duplicates and copy it to a text file. Save the books that are in the current open library to a "working look at file" and go to the other library.

You can then go through each book. It takes a bit more time, but the current way the calibre database files are saved means only one instance can run at a time.

I agree it would be very useful to be able to open a second instance but the program is so wonderful we just make do with work arounds.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Thank you very much for answering, but I think I have not explain well. If a data is not recorded in the metadata, how I can visualize it? It not possible, is not it? The issue is neither the title, because the author is discarded for obvious reasons, but the translation, ie, who translator. Many books have different translators, depending on the publisher. Normally this is recorded in the 2nd or 3rd page. And that's the thing I need to compare. That's the reason I'm looking to do what I tell, because although could copy duplicates to the main library, and I think it will be the only option in this case, are almost 1000 titles, and to tell the true, I confess, I seeking a way to simplify.

I leave screenshots of what I tell. I look forward to, this time, explain better.

translation: Elena Gallo Krahe

translation Graciela Montes

Old 05-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #11
DaltonST
Deviser

JS+ GUI Tool: Extract Original Title/Translator to Update Custom Columns (EPUBs)

@mariaclaudia:

I think you will be interested in this new Job Spy/JS+ GUI Tool: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...50#post3316550

Also, my Multi-Column Search plug-in has an "Inter-Book" Search capability that was originally requested due to, coincidently, Original Title. It is found at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261712

DaltonST
Old 05-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #12
mariaclaudia
Zealot

Gracias mi amigo. Acabo de encontrar la solución que me hacen sentir bien. Usando el plugin buscar duplicados es suficiente para mi. Tal vez algunos pequeños detalles para cambiar y / o añadir, pero nada importante, supongo.

Muchas gracias a todo el mundo
Saludos desde Lima, Perú
Bendiciones !!!