Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
GeekDrop
GeekDrop began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro, Note 3.
Question Why does my PDF show as 1/0 pages when transferred to Nook?

Hey all,

I'm new to all of this Nook/Calibre stuff. I have a PDF file that I transferred to my Nook via Calibre, and now when I try to read it on my Nook, it's blank and the page numbers show as 1/0. Did I miss some sort of setting when transferring it over to the Nook?

TIA
GeekDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not really, what can occasionally happen is the process of writing metadata to PDF files can ersult ina file that cannot be openend. Try eith er of the following:

1) Copy the file by hand to the nook without using calibre
2) Go to preferences->plugins->metadata writer plugins and disable the pdf metadata writer plugin and then resend the file

Of course it could be that the file itself is bad and cannot be opened by ADE (the software on the Nook)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert