Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
PDF pages in a box

I have a PDF book I want to convert to text. But each page of the book is in a text box so it will not convert. How do I get round this.

Thank you
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
First you need to verify the text is not a set of images. Open the pdf using something like acrobat and see if you can copy the text. If you can you can use a program to crop the pages. I don’t know what you would use on Windows.

Your said you wanted to convert to txt. Acrobat can save as text. Give that a try too.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank u for the reply.

Yes it looks like a set of images.

I saved the PDF in Adobe as a text file, but the txt file comes up blank in Notepad or Wordpad. I tried "Select All" in Adobe, but it does not select the whole file, it only selects one page where the cursor and if I copy and paste it in MS Word it comes up in same text box!! I am looking to get rid of the boxes and want only the content in them to format as I want.

Last edited by Mamaijee; 01-10-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaijee View Post
Thank u for the reply.

I saved the PDF in Adobe as a text file, but the txt file comes up blank in Notepad or Wordpad. I tried "Select All" in Adobe, but it does not select the whole file, it only selects one page where the cursor and if I copy and paste it in MS Word it comes up in same text box!! I am looking to get rid of the boxes and want only the content in them to format as I want.
You cant save images as text.
If the images are High quality, you might be able to OCR each and every one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaijee View Post
~
I copy and paste it in MS Word it comes up in same text box!!
As you have already stated it is not a text box, but a image you're copying into MS Word. As a image calibre can't help you but as mentioned you may be able to run it through OCR software to convert it to text.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert