Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 11:01 AM   #1
Foskya
Foskya began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Question How can I install terminal (kterm) tools?

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to this community and I'm loving it,
I didn't think that a kindle could be so much fun to tinker with.

Anyway (among other applications) I've installed kterm,
reading the documentation on the website (https://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-terminal/)
it says that there are some terminal programs built for Kindle Touch (Is PW2 fine as well?).

In particular I'm interested in "lftp", I've downloaded the files,
however I don't know how can I actually install them on my device.

I'm familiar with Linux, however I'm used to simply relying on a package manager (be it apt, pacman or yay)

Can you guys help me with this?
Thanks!!
Foskya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
You can try extracting the binary from a debian armel release that matches your kindle's kernel version, but if it turns out you are missing any libraries you might be in for an adventure.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #3
Foskya
Foskya began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
In the kterm site there is a link to download a .zip file (https://github.com/bfabiszewski/kter...46925/lftp.zip), that is build for kindle touch, would that be sufficient?
Do you think it will be enough to put it in the /bin directory?

thanks
Foskya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I thought you were asking about lftp and other non kindle specific apps, and in fact, you wrote that you had already installed kterm. If it doesn't work, check the README and open and closed issues on github. If none of those address your problem, open a new issue on github.

I've never used or even installed kterm, it's just always seemed much easier to just ssh in if I need to do something.

/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin are traditional locations for command line tools. Sinct you wrote that you are familiar with linux, I assumed that you knew that.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kterm, pw2