Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 01:28 AM   #1
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: e61i
Smarten Punctuation

It seems, that Calibre smartens the punctuation before adding metadata during conversion.

Because if I check "Smarted Punctuation" in common conversion option and i specify "insert metadata as page as start", It will smarten the punctuation and then add the jacket.xhtml.

Due to this, Smarten Punctuation has to be done again to correct in jacket.xhtml.

Is there any work around?
hiteshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont follow. You are saying the metadata is being smartened when you ask it to be smartened, and that's wrong?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2021, 02:59 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think @hiteshp is saying that when using the jacket option on, the smarten punctuation is run before adding the jacket. And that means the jacket has different punctuation style to the rest of the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah, that is easily remedied https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...370a4d0985a393
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:15 AM   #5
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: e61i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you. My Point being
1. If i specify "insert metadata as page as start", it will insert a jacket.xhtml, in common conversion option
2. Also if i specify "Smarted Punctuation" in common conversion option.

Then after conversion, it does not smartens punctuation in jacket file and that has to be done again in editor.
SO , maybe the jacket file is created after smartening the punctuation during conversion.
And asked if that can be done after jacket file is added.

and sorry for being unclear.

Last edited by hiteshp; 06-13-2021 at 02:22 AM.
hiteshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert