Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM   #1
LorPiro
LorPiro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Kobo Glo Set Up Errors

Hello everyone,
I recently found an old KOBO GLO in my house and I wanted to start re-using it. After some troubles I managed to extend the memory (as seen in another thread) by using a new uSD card. Everything seems to work nice, the kobo starts up and I can see the WELCOME page. The problem is that I can't go further. When I try to connect the kobo via WI-FI it give me some errors, the device connects and then trow me back to the start page (?). If I try to set it up using a cable it seems to not be able to reach my computer.
Any thoughts?
Hope you'll help me

Last edited by mtravellerh; Today at 12:44 PM.
LorPiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #2
Rugbyfan1986
Rugbyfan1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It will not be able to be set up using wifi due to a security update a few years ago. Also check that the cable you are using is one that is capable of data transfer, and use the kobo desktop to set up the glo initially.
Rugbyfan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #3
LorPiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbyfan1986 View Post
It will not be able to be set up using wifi due to a security update a few years ago. Also check that the cable you are using is one that is capable of data transfer, and use the kobo desktop to set up the glo initially.
thank you for your reply. I had to use a new SD card to set up the kobo. Now it works!!
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #4
LorPiro

Ok guys I managed to fix my kobo glo.
I have another question, is it possible to insert an ebook file directly into the main SD card?

from file manager I see these 3 folder (in the attached photo)

do you think it's possible to do it? where should I put the files?
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorPiro View Post
Ok guys I managed to fix my kobo glo.
I have another question, is it possible to insert an ebook file directly into the main SD card?

from file manager I see these 3 folder (in the attached photo)

do you think it's possible to do it? where should I put the files?
Use calibre to manage and put your eBooks on your Kobo.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #7
LorPiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use calibre to manage and put your eBooks on your Kobo.
ok I got this but the fact is that my computer "can't see" my kobo even when is connected by usb cable
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ok I got this but the fact is that my computer "can't see" my kobo even when is connected by usb cable
What OS are you using and what firmware is the Kobo using?
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #9
LorPiro

Quote:
What OS are you using and what firmware is the Kobo using?
I'm using windows 10, my kobo glo is using firmware 4.38.23038
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'm using windows 10, my kobo glo is using firmware 4.38.23038
Windows 10 32-bit or 64bit?

Have you tried different USB cables or USB ports? Tried a different computer?

If none of that works, you could open the case and have a look at the USB port and see if it looks OK.
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #11
LorPiro

64 bits, yhea I've tried a lots of cables and 3 different computers
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
64 bits, yhea I've tried a lots of cables and 3 different computers
The next thing to do it check the USB port and see if you can see anything that may be a problem.
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #13
LorPiro

Quote:
The next thing to do it check the USB port and see if you can see anything that may be a problem.
I can't figure it out. All the ports of the computers works as usual. The port on the kobo seems ok. the fact is that the recharge works nicely but the data transmission is giving me some problems
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I can't figure it out. All the ports of the computers works as usual. The port on the kobo seems ok. the fact is that the recharge works nicely but the data transmission is giving me some problems
The the computer's USB port but the Kobo's USB port. Check if all the pins look connected.
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of Calibre?

See the sticky in the calibre / devices forum "My device is not detected by calibre"

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
errors, kobo glo, troubleshooting