Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 03:56 AM   #1
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Some shortcuts don't work anymore

I have the latest version of Calibre for Mac installed (7.17).
There are some shortcuts that don't work anymore and I don't know why.

If I press the above mentioned shortcuts nothing happens. But this does not apply to all shortcuts. Some work like CMD+M to mark books.

Can you help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marked books.png
Views:	75
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	210727   Click image for larger version

Name:	advanced search.png
Views:	83
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	210728  
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is it shortcuts that include shift in the modifiers that are not working?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:42 AM   #3
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Is it shortcuts that include shift in the modifiers that are not working?
No, CMD+SHIFT+R (restart in debug mode) does work.
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DO you notice the global menubar in macOS flash when you press the shortcut?
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #5
Dirk-71
Zealot

No, I don't notice any flashing or flickering in the menubar when I press the shortcut.
Advert
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then I have no clue why they dont work. On my mac shift command m is assigned as a global shortcut by macos. I suggest you simply change them to something else via Preferences->Keyboard in calibre.
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #7
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I just updated from 7.13 to 7.17. Command Shift F worked for me in 7.13, and still works in 7.17.

I forgot to test Command Shift M, before I upgraded, and it doesn't work in 7.17. But kovidgoyal explained why that is the case for MacOS.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #8
Dirk-71
Zealot

Ok, thank you for your help. I will do so and change the settings.