Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
chilly_bang
chilly_bang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 touch
SOLVED: Opening converting management window failed

Hello to all!

I use calibre since more then a year, but started from version 0.9.35 (both of 32/64 bit) i have a following trouble :

After clicking on "convert book"-button (on each place where this button exists) the converting management window doesn't open (it's rather a popup then a window though). The window focus changes, so i do can rule some tasks with help of tab and enter buttons, but you can imagine how uncomfortable it is, and beside of this i can't come at many functions i need.

I tried to open converting management window from all possible places: context menu, on the bottom right, where one can see running tasks, top menu - always is the result the same: the focus of the window changes, the window works, but isn't to see.

Has somebody an advice for me?
Thanks in advance and best regards from Berlin
Egon

PS: I use Windows 7 on the 64b machine, but tried both versions of calibre, 32 and 64, with the same result...

Last edited by chilly_bang; 08-06-2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: problem solved
chilly_bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you ever had 2nd monitor plugged in? If so then Calibre may be trying to open the window on that screen even though it is no longer there.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
chilly_bang
chilly_bang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 touch
Wow! You are a genius! It works! Indeed i plug my laptop always to an extern monitor (the laptop is always closed) - i needed only to open and close the laptop monitor and look, everything is OK!
Thanks!
chilly_bang is offline   Reply With Quote