Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
saving books

Greetings,
is there a way to stop calibre form opening up the file manager after I do a "save to disk"? it's really annoying to me.
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can take comfort from not being alone
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=save+disk

I run from source so I just commented out the offending code as per that post.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
iomari
Zealot

Thanks kiwidude. I just assumed that it was a problem for me because I'm a lazy bastard :-)
I guess I'll have to dig in the source now. I'm glad I'm no stranger to code. It would be nice if this became an option in preferences in the future. I'm sorry for those who hate this feature but have a morbid fear of code. :-)
Old 10-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
iomari
Zealot

I've moved this reply to a new thread

Last edited by iomari; 10-04-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: moved to new thread
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
Greetings,
is there a way to stop calibre form opening up the file manager after I do a "save to disk"? it's really annoying to me.
Funny thats one thing that really annoys me to Think I'll just put up with it though I'm not confident mucking around with code and wouldn't you have to redo it everytime you update the software?
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Funny thats one thing that really annoys me to Think I'll just put up with it though I'm not confident mucking around with code and wouldn't you have to redo it everytime you update the software?
Actually it's quite easy to make this change. It took me 5 minutes exactly. Even with the error at the end of compiling the app works perfectly so far and no more opening of the file manager after saving

Compling the app even makes it look better. Now it sports the save colors as my theme with no modification on my part.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you use the recommended way of running from source you should not even need to compile the app - it should just 'work'.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you use the recommended way of running from source you should not even need to compile the app - it should just 'work'.
I thought I was using the only way to run from source. Please enlighten me how to use the source other than compiling it.

btw, just upgraded my python from python-2.7-9.10.2.i586 to python-2.7.2-7.1.i586.rpm and now it compiles with no problem. :-)

Last edited by iomari; 10-04-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: python upgrade
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/deve...nt-environment
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
iomari
Zealot

thanks.

I just needed to upgrade my python. It compiles fine now.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Pyhton code should not need explicitly compiling - the run time system will do it on demand if required.

If you use the recommended method of simply setting the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM environment variable to point to downloaded source then you will be using the version of Python (and all dependencies) that ships embedded into Calibre. That removes any dependencies at the OS level, and also means you do not get caught out if Kovid decides to update any of the dependencies to a version different to what you have installed at the OS level..
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
iomari
Zealot

Now I understand. Thanks. :-)