Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #1
Blue-Girl
Blue-Girl began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Backup and Restore Plugins

Hi,

i know there is a function to backup and restore all calibre settings incl. all plugins. I use ubuntu and i have a little backup script that creates a copy of several folders installed programs use (~/.config and ~/.local). Simply restoring the folder into a new ubuntu work for the most programs. I tried the same with the plugin subfolder and restarted calibre. but calibre can't find the plugins. Is the backup and restore function in settings the only way to do this or can i use my backup script also for calibre settings and plugins?
Blue-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All calibre plugins and settings are in ~/.config/calibre. Restoring it directly onto a new computer will work fine provided everything else on the new computer is the same as well. For example, copying a config directory from calibre 7 to a computer running calibre 5 wont work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
And even if your last backup did not have the LATEST version of the Plugin, It does have their settings (at the backup time) .

The normal Calibre Update available, will show those out of date being available . If you are like me and usually set and forget (many were set up years ago and have not changed what I want done) ...you are good to go after bring the versions up to date
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote