Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 06:31 AM   #1
youvedone
youvedone began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Problems with Network Server, Kindle Paperwhite and Filename

Hi there,

It looks like I'm having a little bit a specific problem here with calibre and the paperwhite device.
-Calibre 7.19 (before 7.16) installed on Windows
-Run it mostly as service but for a test i also startet the content server via ui
-All fine with the books and sharing epub and mobi format
-Except I have the problem with some book I'm not able to download on the amazon Kindle Paperwhite.
- altough these files download file in every other browser

Filenames not working:
- Blutzahl -1- - Horst, Jørn Lier & Enger, Thom_295.mobi
- Mörderfinder -1- Die Spur der - Strobel, Arno_286.mobi
- Düstergrab - Fölck, Romy_297.mobi

Are there limitations on amazon kindle? I'm pretty sure. Kindle is telling me something like:
The Browser can't download the file. It can only download files with .AZW, .PRC, .MOBI, .TXT

For me it looks like the filename with special chars is not allowed by the kindle browser.. First hints to the "ø".. Same at "Mörderfinder" it had trouble, too. Then Düstergrab.

To verify I attached on a working download an "ü" at the title and restarted the content server.
For example
- Das Herz der Zwerge 2_ Roman - Markus Heitz_285.mobi --> could be downloaded
- Das Herz der Zwerge 2_ Roman ü - Markus Heitz_285.mobi --> not working in kindle but every other browser.

Is there somehere possible to "simplify" the filenames for the contentserver so the paperwhite is able to download?

Kind regards
Chris
youvedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the mobile view of the server, add /mobile to the end of the server URL in the kindle browser. That will automatically simplify the names.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert