Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
carnivore
carnivore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Common words/phrases too aggressively italicized.

I like the idea of auto italics, but the (I presume) regex that decides what to italicize is a little too greedy.

For example, a sentence that ends in a word that ends in ie will trigger the regex:

Mmmm, that is some good pie.
becomes
Mmmm, that is some good pie.

It seems that it wouldn't be too much trouble to check for a preceding word character and reject any that have one.

Can I edit the rules myself, or is that buried in the code somewhere?

Thanks!
carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can't edit it unless you run from source. The agressiveness has been toned down by a large amount for the 0.7.45 release.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
carnivore
carnivore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yup! I saw that item in the changelog as I was upgrading. I did a test and it seems to be much more tractable.

You guys rock.
carnivore is offline   Reply With Quote