Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2024, 12:35 PM   #1
sp8996
sp8996 began at the beginning.

Device: Basic Kindle 10th Gen
Post Jailbreak on 5.14.3.0.1 Firmware

Hi all,
I'm using 5.14.3.0.1 on KT4. Which jailbreak should I use? And do I need to update to some specific firmware version before jailbreak?
Thanks in advance.
sp8996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8996 View Post
Hi all,
I'm using 5.14.3.0.1 on KT4. Which jailbreak should I use? And do I need to update to some specific firmware version before jailbreak?
Thanks in advance.
The LanguageBreak jailbreak method should work with your current firmware version. There is no need to update from the version you’re on, however if you elect to do so, be sure not to update to a later firmware than 5.16.2.1.1, as many things have changed in the underlying framework after that version and homebrew apps don’t work.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8996 View Post
Hi all,
Thanks in advance.
Why is it called KT4 when it's actually the Kindle Basic 3 (aka KB3)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #4
sp8996

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
The LanguageBreak jailbreak method should work with your current firmware version. There is no need to update from the version you’re on, however if you elect to do so, be sure not to update to a later firmware than 5.16.2.1.1, as many things have changed in the underlying framework after that version and homebrew apps don’t work.
Ok I will give language break a try. And also which KUAL should I use?
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #5
sp8996

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is it called KT4 when it's actually the Kindle Basic 3 (aka KB3)?
Sorry I don't know that. But in the wiki it's mentioned that serial number starting with G090WH is KT4 and also K5. Don't know why it's named in such a way.
Advert

Tags
#kt4