Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Moon Reader Pro problems on Nexus 7

I'm having some problems with this app since I started using it regularly. I find when I make a swipe gesture to turn the page, sometimes it registers, but more often it does not. Same for tapping to turn pages. Those mostly register, but not always. I started to think maybe it was my Nexus 7 touchscreen as I know they can have issues, but when I open a stock book in google play books or Aldiko it's fine and responds quickly.

Anyone else have issues with page turns? I'm wondering if I have some settings wonky. Also, sometimes the pages just start scrolling up and down. I checked my settings and I don't have the tilt screen option on. Any thoughts?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I notice sometimes I tap the screen to turn the page and it doesn't and I have to tap again, or sometimes it takes a second before it turns, only in this app. It really bugs me, because of all the apps I've tried, I like what Moon+ offers the most, except for the slow page turns.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm having some problems with this app since I started using it regularly. I find when I make a swipe gesture to turn the page, sometimes it registers, but more often it does not. Same for tapping to turn pages. Those mostly register, but not always. I started to think maybe it was my Nexus 7 touchscreen as I know they can have issues, but when I open a stock book in google play books or Aldiko it's fine and responds quickly.

Anyone else have issues with page turns? I'm wondering if I have some settings wonky. Also, sometimes the pages just start scrolling up and down. I checked my settings and I don't have the tilt screen option on. Any thoughts?
I had this problem before KitKat but after updating to the latest Android the touch problem went away.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had this problem before KitKat but after updating to the latest Android the touch problem went away.
I seem to only have the problem in Moon Reader, not other reading apps, so I'm not sure what to make of it really. Maybe I'll delete and re-install it.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I seem to only have the problem in Moon Reader, not other reading apps, so I'm not sure what to make of it really. Maybe I'll delete and re-install it.
Do you have vertical scrolling disabled? if not try that it's under Misc settings in moon+
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I do have that disabled, yes. Thanks for the suggestion though. I re-installed the app and it seems to be working better. It still does not turn pages as quickly and seamlessly as some of the other reading apps I've used, but it's not too bad now.

When you turn a page to a new chapter does it spin and re-load for you?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I do have that disabled, yes. Thanks for the suggestion though. I re-installed the app and it seems to be working better. It still does not turn pages as quickly and seamlessly as some of the other reading apps I've used, but it's not too bad now.

When you turn a page to a new chapter does it spin and re-load for you?
Yes that part is normal. It's the way Moon+ loads each chapter but after that a feather tap should work did you change the tap zones on it?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Yes that part is normal. It's the way Moon+ loads each chapter but after that a feather tap should work did you change the tap zones on it?
I did initially, yes, but now back to default settings with exception of a few. The tapping is working fine now, but swiping is still pretty iffy for me and sometimes does not register. Is it that way for you too?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I did initially, yes, but now back to default settings with exception of a few. The tapping is working fine now, but swiping is still pretty iffy for me and sometimes does not register. Is it that way for you too?
No my problem with Moon is that I turn the page with the slightest touch. I don't swipe though. I just tap my thumb to the page and it turns.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
No my problem with Moon is that I turn the page with the slightest touch. I don't swipe though. I just tap my thumb to the page and it turns.
I'm just confused why swiping is so flawless in the Kindle app and Aldiko but unreliable in Moon Reader. At least for me. I mainly tap too, but swiped a few times and when it didn't register I started to worry a bit about my screen, especially since I just updated to kit kat.

I even downloaded a multi touch app to test my screen, but my screen worked perfectly with that and with other reading apps. So it's just Moon Reader. I guess since I know my screen is fine, I shouldn't concern myself with it anymore. It must just be the app.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm just confused why swiping is so flawless in the Kindle app and Aldiko but unreliable in Moon Reader. At least for me. I mainly tap too, but swiped a few times and when it didn't register I started to worry a bit about my screen, especially since I just updated to kit kat.

I even downloaded a multi touch app to test my screen, but my screen worked perfectly with that and with other reading apps. So it's just Moon Reader. I guess since I know my screen is fine, I shouldn't concern myself with it anymore. It must just be the app.
Swiping doesn't work with Moon do to the tapping zones. You have to be super quick for it to work right it's better to just lightly tap along the edges if you tap too close to the middle it runs into another tap zone.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Swiping doesn't work with Moon do to the tapping zones. You have to be super quick for it to work right it's better to just lightly tap along the edges if you tap too close to the middle it runs into another tap zone.
I chose the tapping zone where the middle is only a small square so I though swiping would still work ok below it, but I think you're right so I will just use tapping. At least my taps are working fine now since the re-install.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I chose the tapping zone where the middle is only a small square so I though swiping would still work ok below it, but I think you're right so I will just use tapping. At least my taps are working fine now since the re-install.
Okay I am using the tapping one that's it's all vertical The other ones don't seem to work as good for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-17 02.21.01.png
Views:	263
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	116795  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Okay I am using the tapping one that's it's all vertical The other ones don't seem to work as good for me.
I think that may be what I'm using now too. I actually forget where to find that setting now though. haha. There's so many settings in this app.

Do you know if there is a way to change the book shelf look? I'm not fond of the black really and noticed in screenshots they show a lighter shelf.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I think that may be what I'm using now too. I actually forget where to find that setting now though. haha. There's so many settings in this app.

Do you know if there is a way to change the book shelf look? I'm not fond of the black really and noticed in screenshots they show a lighter shelf.
Nope there isn't a way to change the look which is why I use Calibre Companion instead of Moon+ shelves. The app interface is obviously design for a phone and not a tablet.

There is a way in CC to change it's shelves there is like four different colors to choose from.

The tap zone is located in Control Options.