Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Encarta Dictionary

Has anyone tried this free pocket dictionary? http://www.microsoft.com/reader/down...tionaries.mspx

If so, is it any good?

It's currently only available in .lit format, so I think I may try to convert it to mobipocket. Would tompe's Mobiperl tool work for that, or is a dictionary too complicated?
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
Has anyone tried this free pocket dictionary? http://www.microsoft.com/reader/down...tionaries.mspx

If so, is it any good?

It's currently only available in .lit format, so I think I may try to convert it to mobipocket. Would tompe's Mobiperl tool work for that, or is a dictionary too complicated?
Well, I did not do anything special for dictionaries so it will probably not work. If clit is exploding it to html code with correct MobiPocket dictionary markup then mobigen will probably work. But looking at the exploded file it does not have correct markup. And it seems to be a lot of work to add it...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
darn

I did try clit and mobi creator, and although the result is a readable dictionary, it doesn't seem like it can be used with a lookup tool

Thanks for looking into it though Tompe I guess I'll have to use Webster's and GCIDE until I buy the real thing.
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote