Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2024, 03:38 PM   #1
thestraycat
thestraycat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Adding books via calibredb dosn't refresh the database.

As above really.

I run calibre in docker. (lscr.io/linuxserver/calibre)
And i have 5 librarys broken down to 5 members of the house that like to have their own watch folders and specific library view. I dont really want to have to deal with virtual librarys or filtering as what i have works perfectly.

I have a bash script that watches multiple watch folders (As calibre only seems to support a single watch folder, there might be a clue there )

The bash scripts simply watches the 5 watch folders and issues a 'calibredb add' request to the correct library when a book lands in specific watch folders. This works great and the calibre add command completes as expected.

However, for some reason the web accessed content server shows the book fine when i navigate to the URL however the calibre application dosn't show the book in the specific library whatsoever.

I have noticed that If i reboot the calibre instance and go back to the library the book was imported to it miraculously shows the book after the restart and everything goes back to normal. It's nearly like a background maintenance task has been processed during calibre starting up or the database has been 'refreshed' as part of the start up process

Is this the expected behaviour? And if not, Is there a way of refreshing the database or prompting a task to re-sync the database via the calibredb tool?

I'm really stumped. Thanks for any advice you can share.
thestraycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 03:45 PM   #2
thestraycat
thestraycat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm wondering whether my debugging and testing during building the script in someway confused calibre, i updated the container image yesterday and tested it again today and all seems to be working fine. I'll report back after testing a little more.
thestraycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
adding books issue, bash, refresh, script