Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
How to reduce line spacing int the main window ?

Hello,

Thank you Kovid for the new 2.0 release of Calibre.

I have a little problem, and though I've explored all the preferences, I can't solve it.

In the previous release of Calibre, the main windows displayed 49 books (when the covers are not shown). In Calibre 2.0, only 31 books are displayed. I would like to have the same setting than previously.

I would also like to know if it's possible to display the book list with a special police, different from the main interface?

Thank you again.
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Look & Feel->Extra spacing to add between rows (can be negative)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A value of -11 px in the field Kovid mentioned above seems about right to set the spacing back to the way it was before.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
802384384 began at the beginning.

Device: elonex 621eb
Line Spacing in Calibre V2.0

Hi Guys, thanks for the line spacing advice, it works very well indeed, might be more intuitive to start from zero and default it to a -11 value.

In any event a fanastic program, thanks to all for it.
802384384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Thank you very much, Kovid for your quick answer (as usual ).
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802384384 View Post
Hi Guys, thanks for the line spacing advice, it works very well indeed, might be more intuitive to start from zero and default it to a -11 value.

In any event a fanastic program, thanks to all for it.
The difference is the behavior of QT5 vs QT4 (module used in all the previous 1.x calibre installs)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i noticed that change also, which sent me off on a worried check to see what else might have changed. I also got a welcome to calibre screen and a little quiz about what device I was using, which also worried me - because it should know that already - so had other preference been lost/discarded....did it now think I was a new user ? .....

It all seems OK, but a warning in the release note to expect both of those would have been nice.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
You might want to tell people that the amount of row height reduction is dependent on the font. I got no additional row height reduction after -6 with the default font. I switched to a font with a lower line-height (Helvetica) and got row height reduction down to -11.
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrault View Post
You might want to tell people that the amount of row height reduction is dependent on the font. I got no additional row height reduction after -6 with the default font. I switched to a font with a lower line-height (Helvetica) and got row height reduction down to -11.
Did you look at the date you responded to? -5 or more has been the recommendation for over a year.

Calibre moves fast. 6 months is forever.
There is a good chance the resolution has been done (or won't, for a reason) by now.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
line spacing, spreadsheet view