Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-30-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
PocketPC 2003 on June 23rd

Read this interesting article on Brighthand.

I've never owned a PPC myself, but this sounds very cool. "Internet Explorer will get a major upgrade, gaining support for XHTML, CSS, JavaScript 5.5, animated GIFs, and improved performance." Is there any Palm-based browser that can compare to that?

Btw, we are still looking for PocketPC-oriented people to help us run the new PocketPC parts of our forum. See here for more.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:38 PM   #2
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
The only browser for the Palm OS I have tried so far is NetFront, and I find it less than robust.

I have a My Yahoo page that just will not load on NetFront. Having seen the PPCs for a while now, I like them, don't get me wrong. But the Palm OS is just easier for me. It is hard for me to separate the fact that I have been on Palm since the Pilot Personal with whether or not the interface is truly preferable to PPC.

That said, I barely use the Palm interface anymore now that I use Zlauncher.
Advert
Old 06-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While PocketPC 2003 is almost out, News.com already has some information on the next version of PocketPC, code-named "Magneto". Interesting stuff
Old 06-18-2003, 12:45 PM   #4
cambium
cambium began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
I'm trying to do an overview of all the browsers currently available for the PalmOS and what the characteristics are and standards they support. I'll post the results when I get done.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:07 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

cambium,

I tried to list a few PalmOS browsers, but the list is not really comprehensive and merely a summary of the browser's description. See here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=435

Would be happy if you could help extending that list!

Greets
Advert