Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
e-book-boy
e-book-boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (No touch)
Stuck on Diags and cant get out? HELPER!

THIS WORKED FOR ME BUT I DON'T KNOW IF WILL WORK FOR YOU. DO NOT HOLD ME LIABLE TO ANY DAMAGES THAT HAPPENS TO YOU

If you are stuck on the diags screen after trying to click exit, don't call Amazon unless your trying to get coupons off of them. Instead use MFGTool.exe to set your kindle back to home screen. It may or may not tell you to charge it b/c even if its frozen and you charge it it doesn't work, IDK why . But after that, you should be able to go read!
MFGTool file linked below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleSelectBoot.zip (508.5 KB, 107 views)
e-book-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
e-book-boy
e-book-boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (No touch)
NEW INFO!!! look down here!!!

If you are stuck on the diags screen after trying to click exit, don't call Amazon unless your trying to get coupons off of them. Instead use MFGTool.exe. Hit where you see Kindle diags then plug in your kindle. It wont pop up until you put in the code for your kindle(mine is hold power button until you see it go away then press down button then let the power button and down arrow g. search the forums for your kindles code) it should op up as HID device. Hit start and it should go back to normal.

IF this doesn't work, then ask a pro. NOT AMAZON, a mobile read pro.
e-book-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert