Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Today, 11:06 AM   #1
foosion
Zealot
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hiding ondevice column

I installed the Reading List plugin to keep track of the books on my Kobo. It makes visible or adds an ondevice column with a pin icon in the leftmost column. I'd like to hide this column, but when I try by attempting to edit in Preferences Calibre reports that I can't because it's not a user-defined column. I can move it to the right so that it's not visible in the GUI, but it comes back to the left when I click View List in Reading List and stays there until I restart Calibre.

How do I keep the ondevice column not visible unless I want to see it?
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Isn't possible.
Advert
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #3
foosion
Zealot
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Isn't possible.
That's too bad. Seems restarting Calibre is the only way to make it go away.
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
That's too bad. Seems restarting Calibre is the only way to make it go away.
Those are marks. Reading list sets marks then searches for them to show a list. You can add/remove marks using the "Mark books" action. Add it to the toolbar of your choice.
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #5
foosion
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Those are marks. Reading list sets marks then searches for them to show a list. You can add/remove marks using the "Mark books" action. Add it to the toolbar of your choice.
I may be misinterpreting your comment. I want the marks to exist (i.e., I want to have a list of the books on my device), I just don't want the marks to be visible (preferably with the caveat: unless I affirmatively decide to see them).
Advert
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Marks always show a pin. When you restart calibre, marks are removed.

If you want a way to show the list of books on your device when the device isn't connected, use Reading List to set a tag or some custom column, then use that.

EDIT: to be clear, marks have nothing to do with On Device.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #7
foosion
Zealot

It might be easier to continue the discussion in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...95#post4440795
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Please continue in the other thread(and avoid creatin 2 threads for the same question)
Closed Thread