Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Tanzaku
Enthusiast
Tanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3
Reauthorize my Reader?

Just purchase one of the new epub format books from the new ReaderStore. Everything was fine -- new 3.1 software, book purchase, etc. -- until I went to download it to my Reader. Says I have an "unauthorized" device (even though my reader has been authorized since 2007) and I need to enter my Adobe ID and password. Which it doesn't recognize, so I can't download to my Reader. Transcript from my chat with Sony support.

Erin_ > I'm sorry that the books are not being downloaded. The eBook Store is under upgradation. So, please wait for 9 to 10 hours for the upgradation to complete.

Brooks > The book downloaded to my computer just fine. I just can't download it to my Reader, even though it has already been authorized.

Erin_ > You can download the book after 9 to 10 hours as eBook Store is under upgradation.

Brooks > I'll try again then. Thanks.

Erin_ > You're welcome. It has been a pleasure to assist you. Bye and take care.

Wouldn't you think they'd have all this worked out before launching the "upgradation"? So much about this is so wrong.
Tanzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
Just purchase one of the new epub format books from the new ReaderStore. Everything was fine -- new 3.1 software, book purchase, etc. -- until I went to download it to my Reader. Says I have an "unauthorized" device (even though my reader has been authorized since 2007) and I need to enter my Adobe ID and password. Which it doesn't recognize, so I can't download to my Reader. Transcript from my chat with Sony support.
Try installing Digital Editions with Sony Reader plugged, hit Ctrl+Shift+E and deauthorize it. Then unplug and plug it again and it will offer to authorize it - and it won't ask you for password. This assumes that you are on Windows.

Longer term you need to figure out what's your AdobeID/password that you used with Sony store, because your Sony books are locked to that. It seems that Sony just links to the matching AdobeID in most cases (creating a new one if needed). Do your SonyID and AdobeID match?
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Doesn't seem like the best process...I downloaded the new software on my work computer and signed on to my account...I have never set this computer up with Adobe Digital Editions. I received an e-mail from the reader store saying that it created and Adobe account for me and linked my Sony Store account to it (even though I didn't download anything from their store.) Now I'm not looking forward to the mess I may have when I get home--already have a ADE account set up and I thought tied to my reader.

Oh joy!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote