Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
triffids
BookWorm
triffids began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader (1st generation)
How to reauthorize original Kobo in ADE?

This is probably a dumb question, but it's late ...

I upgraded the firmware on my original Kobo eReader earlier. Adobe Digital Editions recognized the Kobo post-upgrade, I could see the books on the device listed. This surprised me - I expected to be prompted to authorize the device. Now I can't open my ePubs (purchased and library eBooks) on the actual reader - they're locked. I don't see a way of getting ADE to allow me to re-authorize the Kobo. (I've been looking at the Adobe site, too.) Right clicking on the Kobo just gives me the generic settings for Adobe Flash Player. Any suggestions?
triffids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
triffids
BookWorm
triffids began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader (1st generation)
Update ... eventually I pulled up the instructions to deauthorize a device in ADE. I did that, reauthorized ... and still couldn't read my ebooks on the Kobo.

Reset to factory settings, put books back on. I suspect one of the upgrade threads discussed this and I missed it. Anyhow, looks like it's working now.
triffids is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Ugh! Adobe won't authorize one of my daughter's Kobos - it says I've hit my authorization limit. To say I'm annoyed would be a vast understatement! Now I have to figure out how to navigate their not-at-all-user-friendly site to figure out how to let them know I've merely upgraded the firmware on these two devices and am not trying to copy books to a bazillion different devices.

Ugh!
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
Ugh! Adobe won't authorize one of my daughter's Kobos - it says I've hit my authorization limit.
Ugh!
Go to this page in Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

Look to your left, you will see "submit a web case". They seem to reset authorizations fairly quickly. It took them less than 24 hours the last time they did that for me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Well, things aren't looking better this morning. Trying to submit a web case gives me the following:
Quote:
We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request.

Please try your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please report it using our Customer Service form.
Looks like I might be going rogue. E is very anxious to get her Kobo back and won't be at all impressed if she has to wait days for it to be activated.

(I don't blame Kobo at all for this mess - I lay the blame squarely on Adobe's shoulders. Upgrading firmware shouldn't burn through an activation, and it should be easier to reset your activations if you're merely upgrading a device you've already activated.)
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The Adobe site does this from time to time. They do some sort of new release of something or other and the server gets overwhelmed.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote