Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
KA1 - Renewed book on overdrive website...

…and synced kobo but it's still showing as expired.

I used my overdrive account on my laptop to renew the book 3 days ago and it was available immediately for renewal (no one else waiting). When it renewed today (and it does successfully show in my overdrive account I have another 21 days to read it) it shows as expired on my kobo and i can't seem to get the "renewed" copy to show, so I can't read it now.

any ideas?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
valhen
valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.valhen is less competitive than you.

Device: kobo aura one, sony prs-t2
What does your Kobo account say about the book? It it showing as available or is it expired there? As I understand it, the book goes Overdrive/Library -> Kobo account -> your KA1 device. So I'd see what the intermediate stage is saying since Overdrive and the KA1 don't agree on the status.

Assuming it's showing up as unexpired on your Kobo account, I would start by deleting it off the device and try re-syncing.
valhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My kobo account shows it as expired on my kobo. But on my overdrive account online it shows as "renewed" and 21 days left (the borrowing period for my library is 21 days).

I'm not sure where I would find "Overdrive/Library -> Kobo account -> your KA1 device" like in my overdrive account online?

I did try deleting and syncing and it just syncs as expired.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #4
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

I also have another book that does not expire for another 15 days but is now suddenly showing as expired on my kobo
Old 10-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

So basically I had to completely sign out of my kobo account on my kobo and re-sign in and it finally showed as renewed. Frustrating!
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
alizarin
Enthusiast
alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It must be a bug. I renewed a book on overdrive online and syncing did not update the time left on the book on the KA1. I guess it is another issue that will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Luckily I dont renew books often...
alizarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizarin View Post
It must be a bug. I renewed a book on overdrive online and syncing did not update the time left on the book on the KA1. I guess it is another issue that will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Luckily I dont renew books often...
What did you do to solve your problem?
Old 10-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #8
alizarin
Enthusiast
alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One
>What did you do to solve your problem?

I didn't :-)

I'll try logging out and logging back in again and report
alizarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #9
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizarin View Post
>What did you do to solve your problem?

I didn't :-)

I'll try logging out and logging back in again and report
I reported it too. If you log out of the kobo entirely then log back in, it seems to renew then.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #10
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet? I haven't had the opportunity to try it out since the update.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The last firmware released was 4.1.7729. If it wasn't fixed in that, then it hasn't been fixed, or at least, the fix hasn't been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #12
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

So has anyone been successful in renewing their book copy online with overdrive, then syncing the kobo and the expired copy be "renewed" again for another lending period on the kobo itself? Or does it still have the same issue and show as expired on the kobo, even though you've been successful in renewing it online?
Old 11-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #13
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Just to update, this feature still does not work. If your book expires and you are able to renew it via the overdrive website on your pc, it will NOT sync back to your kobo as renewed. It will still show as expired. You actually need to return the book on the website and then sign in with your kobo and re-borrow it directly from the kobo (and that's only good if there is no one else in line behind you). I hope they fix this!
Old 12-01-2016, 01:00 AM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Just to update, this feature still does not work. If your book expires and you are able to renew it via the overdrive website on your pc, it will NOT sync back to your kobo as renewed. It will still show as expired. You actually need to return the book on the website and then sign in with your kobo and re-borrow it directly from the kobo (and that's only good if there is no one else in line behind you). I hope they fix this!
If you haven't received a new firmware update, there should not be any changes unless the changes were made on the backend (Kobo/Overdrive/library).

I don't know about your local library but mine does not allow me the option to renew an ebook if someone else has a hold. The library does offer an option to automatically borrow a book when it becomes available when I place a hold and it then syncs to my KA1.

OTOH, I seldom take more than my default 7 day lending period to read an ebook so hadn't tried a renew from either the Kobo or the library website until the last couple of days. It was a pain when I had to return the ebook and immediately re-borrow it.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-01-2016 at 01:02 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote