Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #1
jindroush
Connoisseur
jindroush doesn't litterjindroush doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Viewer hangs when window is smaller

Hi,
I have a small issue, but I don't know how to report it correctly.

Short:
For certain ebook, when viewer width is smaller than 964px, viewer hangs (or does something longer than my patience allows) on page 1 of ebook.

Long:
Running Windows 10 64bit eng, latest updates. Calibre 7.17 64bit.
This ebook has titlepage, which displays and then it has page 1 consisting only of svg+image reference of image-1.jpeg. This image seem okay, 530x751 px.

viewer-webengine has
"geometry-of-main_window_geometry": {
"frame_geometry": {
"height": 791,
"width": 965,
"x": 338,
"y": 136
},

and ebook displays normally, i.e. I can start on titlepage and pgdn to chapter 1.

When I change width of the viewer to 962px (by mouse, because it seems that variables above are read-only), ebook displays titlepage and on first pgdn 'hangs'. Nothing reacts, even closing takes 2-3seconds to complete.

How can I report/provide logs etc. to debug this stuff?

"screen": {
"depth": 32,
"device_pixel_ratio": 1.25,
"geometry_in_logical_pixels": {
"height": 1152,
"width": 2048,
"x": 0,
"y": 0
},
"index_in_screens_list": 0,
"manufacturer": "Dell Inc.",
"model": "DELL U2721DE",
"name": "DELL U2721DE",
"serial": "GKBLVS2",
"size_in_logical_pixels": {
"height": 1152,
"width": 2048
},
jindroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a bug report and attach your ebook to it alongwith whatever size triggers the issue, though I would guess its an issue with CSS3 columns in chromium.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I wonder if this is what I am seeing on my older Dell 780 (W10)
(my viewer was under 800x600 )
7.16 was fine
7.17 put up the Title on the titlebar, then just spun the wheel.
Put 7.16 back and
I made sure I had the Radeon driver in force.

BTW My other Dell (also W10) is with 7.17 But that view is 716x1002 (It is on an ancient VGA in portrait)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #4
jindroush
Connoisseur
jindroush doesn't litterjindroush doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Bug created with minimum example:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/2078363
jindroush is offline   Reply With Quote