Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
_Calibri
_Calibri began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Aura connected to wifi but no internet

Hi
My kobo aura works fine on other networks, but when I try to connect to my home wifi, it says the network is connected but has no internet connection. Other devices using the network do not have any problems. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have already tried a restart, and a factory reset but nothing seems to work.
_Calibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:06 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I really need to read posts properly. Somehow I missed half of the first sentence

The device checks to see if it can access a URL to see if the WiFi is working. If there is something blocking the URL, it will, in older firmware, drop the connection. More recent firmware will prompt whether to continue using it or not. The URL has also changed over the years. It originally used a Microsoft URL, but now uses a Kobo URL. So, exactly what firmware version the device is running is important.

I'll leave the what I originally wrote as the factory reset might make it relevant.
What firmware version did you have on the device? If it was running anything before 3.19.x, it will not be able to connect. This is because earlier in the year Kobo had to drop support of older protocols that were considered to be insecure. The currently supported protocols are in 3.19.x and later. The factory reset will have put an Aura back to a 2.x firmware. You will need to manually update the firmware or use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-14-2019 at 01:13 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert