Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
tedpeer
Enthusiast
tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: nook, iOs
Question Remove Subject from Gutenberg epubs

I'm using Stanza on an iOs device. I have downloaded a few Gutenberg epugs to Calibre. I cleared the tags on the Gutenberg epubs provided new cover art and reconverted (from epub to epub). After loading in Stanza, books that blank tags still have Subjects in the Groups listing in Stanza. How do I use Calibre to edit the Subjects in the epubs?

Thanks.

Ted
tedpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot. calibre merges tags from different sources, the merge of no tags from the calibre metadata + tags from the original epub = tags from the original epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
tedpeer
Enthusiast
tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tedpeer can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Kovid,

Thanks for the response. How do I do a feature request? Allow control of this either: from calibre, from existing epub or merge.

Ted
Old 07-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually, I just looked at this in more detail, and for the case you mention, this does remove the tags. what I did:

1) added an epub to calibre that had tags in it (<dc:subject> fields in the opf of the epub)
2) Removed the tags via the edit metadata button in calibre
3) converted from epub to epub
4) opened the resulting epub, the <dc:subject> fields were gone

Looking at the code, it special cases the case of conversion from the GUI, to ignore metadata from the input document.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
tedpeer
Enthusiast

Hmmm. That's what I did.

I'm not using a current version, so I'll upgrade and see if that fixes it.

Hey it did fix it.

Thanks

Ted
Advert