Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #1
Yourigh
Yourigh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
[PB632] Extending "power off after" possible?

Hello,
I would like to try my luck here.

I noticed that new Pocketbooks have power off potion for 24h or 48h in addition to shorter ones. The list of options for Pocketbook Touch HD 3 ends at max 60 minutes.

Does any one know how could I possibly extend this to say 48 hours?

I usually read every day or two but it happens sometimes that I leave it for a week.
Thanks.
Yourigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #2
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
There's the "poweroff" setting in `system/config/global.cfg` file. In my case it's "poweroff=8" and I have 24 hours until shutdown. Try setting it to the same value and see if it works. Most likely, it'll reset to default after you visit the settings UI.
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #3
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
on HD2 which is stuck with the older FW 5.20, the max value is poweroff=4, .i.e 60min. I remember having tried to play with it at no avail, and I assumed that the times corresponding to the enum are hardcoded somewhere, at least because I have not found any other possible settings file in clear (I looked also in /ebrmain and /mnt/secure at that time). But reading other posts, AFAIR, devices with FW 6.X have more options, and IIRC HD3 got the update to 6.X. Are you on the latest firmware for your device?

Last edited by EastEriq; Today at 03:40 PM.
EastEriq is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
extend, poweroff, timer