Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 11:19 AM   #1
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Problem with particular title

I have one book in particular that I am having trouble with. I am not sure if it is a problem with DeDRM or Calibre itself. I will explain the behavior and maybe someone can indicate if I should mention it on github or if it is a a calibre issue.

I downloaded my book like I do for all other from Amazon. I select add book to Calibre and it adds it with no errors or issues.

I double click on the book in Calibre and windows pops up saying "Preparing book for first read, please wait" that has a spinning circle. Then it says in this condition indefinitely and never returns (circle still spins). I can click the 'X' of the window and it closes and I am back in the main calibre app.

This works fine with other books in my library. I am running latest versions of software and plug-in
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What format does calibre show for the ebook you are trying to open? If azw3, you could try using the KindleUnpack plugin to generate an epub version. Or you might try opening the ebook in calibre's editor and check for errors. If it is KFX, you could try converting to ePub or azw3. If you try any of these, keep an eye out for any error messages that are given.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It sounds like it might be a fixed format ebook. If so, try using KindleUnpack (a plugin) on it to extract the PDF or fixed-format ePub it contains.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote