Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 05:46 AM   #1
Kaboba
Kaboba began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook
Anything with frontlight

Hi,
My old cybook from 2012 just gave up, and im a student and super poor. Soo I am looking for a new ereader with frontlight, preferaby really cheap because im living off student loans.

Thanks!
Kaboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
What is the price of ereaders that is affordable for you?
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAura View Post
What is the price of ereaders that is affordable for you?
And what country are you in?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of the most worth ereader that I know is the newest Amazon Kindle at $90, though there should be cheaper ereaders out there.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
Kaboba

I am based in Sweden. Amazon doesn't ship kindles directly to Sweden unfortunately. And honestly, I really dont want to spend more than 50 USD or something like that. But I realize that will be hard.
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboba View Post
Hi,
My old cybook from 2012 just gave up, and im a student and super poor. Soo I am looking for a new ereader with frontlight, preferaby really cheap because im living off student loans.

Thanks!
If you really need to save money and you don't mind a 6" screen, you can get a Kobo. The Kobo Aura can be had from Walmart. It's pretty basic.

Then there is the Kobo Clara HD with a 300DPI screen and a comfort light.

Of course at 7" and more expensive is the Kobo Libra H2O

Any of the Kobo Readers will be better for you then a Kindle given that you've been reading and have a collection of ePub eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:56 AM   #7
HolyAura
Groupie

Yeah, I recommend a Kobo, though I really don't think that there are many ereaders out there below $50 USD. I personally don't know any. The cheapest Kobo is around 130USD, the Kobo Clara HD but I don't even think it ships to Sweden.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:24 AM   #8
Kaboba

We have the Kobo Clara HD, its actually quite affordable here in Sweden as well. Good idea!
Old 11-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #9
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Just in case you have not ended up with anything yet, I have a used Pocketbook Touch HD I'll willing to sell for around that price.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you really need to save money and you don't mind a 6" screen, you can get a Kobo. The Kobo Aura can be had from Walmart. It's pretty basic.

Then there is the Kobo Clara HD with a 300DPI screen and a comfort light.

Of course at 7" and more expensive is the Kobo Libra H2O

Any of the Kobo Readers will be better for you then a Kindle given that you've been reading and have a collection of ePub eBooks.

I really can't remember, but didn't one have a choice on those old Cybook (Bookeen?) readers for ONLY an epub version or a mobi version?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I really can't remember, but didn't one have a choice on those old Cybook (Bookeen?) readers for ONLY an epub version or a mobi version?
I would never buy from Bookeen. Remember when those old Cybooks screens just broke. Plus, Bookeen won't sell to the US. And Kobo has better hardware and software.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote