Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-16-2024, 05:11 AM   #1
james5d
james5d began at the beginning.

Device: win10
cannot open books in the viewer

Trying to use Calibre in a Win10 environment on my computer, but it can't even open it's own user guide which gets added by default, let alone any epub files ( other e-readers have no issue with epub files, so the files are not corrupted ). I've had a previous version of Calibre working in the past ( can't remember which version ). I've installed the current version, removed the program ( using the program wise uninstaller ), then manually removed all user files which seem to be left ( C:/user/appdata ( roaming and local ), and the storage folder, and tried again. I've also tried the portable version ( the previous version number ). No success. Any ideas on what the problem could be ? Thanks
james5d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 06:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by incompatibilities between Qt WebEngine (used by the viewer and editor) and the graphics drivers
on your system. Try updating the graphics drivers, if that does not work, you can try disabling hardware acceleration
by setting the environment variable QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu". If neither of these work then I suggest
downgrading to calibre 7.16 which has an older version of Qt WebEngine for the time being.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2024, 10:16 AM   #3
james5d
james5d began at the beginning.

Device: win10
Graphics card drivers not updated for years, and although can set browser for no hardware acceleration, books still not being displayed. Went with the older portable version you state and that does work, so thanks.
james5d is offline   Reply With Quote