Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
heschides
heschides began at the beginning.

Device: iPad v5.1
calibre's "connect to itunes" button no longer working

I am no longer able to connect calibre with iTunes. The problem may have begun after updating to the most recent version of iTunes, but I'm not sure. I used the iTunes sticky post to set up calibre to work with iTunes, and it worked great for a while. Now when I click "connect to itunes" simply nothing happens. I have tried opening both iTunes and calibre in administrator mode, but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is the error log.

calibre Debug log
calibre 2.34 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && FanFicFare
Starting up...
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.prefs(1 38):Attempting to read settings from predecessor--FFDL
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.prefs(1 43):Using default settings
FFFEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_pl ugin(185):Plugin FanFicFare macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\Joshua White\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_m acmenuhack.txt
Started up in 25.77 seconds with 103 books
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 3372, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 2632, in _launch_iTunes
OpenFeedback: Unable to launch iTunes.
Try launching calibre as Administrator
Unable to open itunes as device (None)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 390, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 3376, in __init__
UserFeedback: unable to launch iTunes
heschides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Correct -- Apple "fixed" this in iTunes.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
heschides
heschides began at the beginning.

Device: iPad v5.1
Curses. CURSES! Oh well. Any idea which is the last compatible version and whether it's possible to roll back? I'm using a first generation iPad, so my options for transferring bulk files to it are limited.
heschides is offline   Reply With Quote