Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Spanner
Spanner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRE 505
Love the 505...but ADE, not sure

Finally got to get my hands on the 505 (it had been sitting under the tree) and I love it, Calibre is a great help, the only thing I'm not happy with so far is having to download and use Adobe Digital Editions for some purchases from Waterstones, I'm a newbie but I did not see an option to download in any other format, I'm not use to handing over the controls to a pile of arrogant code like ADE, I'm not even sure where my books downloaded to on my PC, any of you have any tips that I should know using this program? Anyway, really enjoying the 505!
Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
...to a pile of arrogant code like ADE
Interesting. I never knew any code that was arrogant. It is just a line of text. Pretentious, sure, but arrogant... nah.

BTW: Learn to buy a format like .LIT or Mobi which the DRM can be removed from and then the file can be converted to an LRF or ePub with calibre.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I'm not even sure where my books downloaded to on my PC
They are probably in My Documents\My Digital Editions.

Some recent UK ebooks only seem to be available as Secure Adobe ePubs, so in a sense you are ahead of the game since at least the PRS-505 can read them. Most US publishers release all their titles in several Secure formats. As pilotbob says, if you are comfortable striping DRM (encryption) then your best bet is to buy MS Reader (LIT) or MobiPocket (MOBI) ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Spanner
Spanner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRE 505
Wallcraft, thanks for your help, the files were right there of course, my excuse is "snowed in and couldn't get coffee" or I would have found them. Bob, thanks also, I would write more but I would look even sillier to use the word "arrogant" twice in the same thread.
Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Bob, thanks also, I would write more but I would look even sillier to use the word "arrogant" twice in the same thread.
Not sure what that means. But. Your Welcome?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert