Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2024, 06:43 AM   #1
cyber47
cyber47 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6.Generation
Kindle UI Button press Display refresh

Hello,

i have much fun developing my own Kindle application, but unfortunately i have a few problems a can´t get to solve. Mainly because i am an electronics engineer and no programmer but i try my best to learn.

I use a Kindle Paperwhite 6. Generation with Firmware 5.12.2.2 and jailbreak (i have also KUAL and USBnet installed).
If i am correct my Kindle only comes with GTK2.0?
I am trying to build my own C Program with GTK2.0.

The Program should make a websocket connection to my websocket server and send json-strings to the websocket server (this part works)

I wand to build a UI for it, like a combination lock, have buttons with the numbers 0 to 9 and one "ok" button. If i have the correct Code the json strings gets send to the websocket server. All of this works, but my problem is the screen: when i press one number and then the next number, the first number button gets black again. i can´t get it to work. I searched this forum, ask ChatGPT and looked at other examples, like gtktetris or kterm but i can´t figure out what my mistake is. Please point me at the right direction

Also how can i get my ui to go fullscreen and not show the "status bar" at the top (with battery and time).

Thank you very much for your help and if i miss something please point it out to me.

Cyber47
cyber47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #2
cyber47
cyber47 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6.Generation
Can no one give me a hint how to make buttons in GTK 2.0 that are working on the Kindle paperwhite without any issues?

I found no workaround, also if i compile a simple C programm that uses gtk_button_new_with_label() and compile it with this tutorial: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=189372 i can´t get it to work without the Problem i described in my first post in this thread.
cyber47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
display, kindle, paperwhite, refresh