Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #1
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 13 Pro, Kobo Sage 32gb, Kindle Paperwhite
If you have one, is it worth the price tag?

I honestly scoff at the fact the whole package is $350. The Scribe is < $100 than the Elipsa 2E. I really want to keep it Kobo and I do write marginalia in most of my technical books so having something like this would be a boon to me. However... $350?

Have you found it worth the price?

sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It really depends on your use case. The writing experience on the Scribe is far superior, but you're trapped in Amazon's walled garden. There have been multiple threads lately about how to use a Scribe that isn't registered, since Amazon deliberately cripples devices that don't talk to the mothership.

Your profile says you have the Sage, so if you find writing on that to be tolerable, you'll probably like the Elipsa, as you get the Kobo software in a bigger form factor.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert