Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
DoomGuy
DoomGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Kobo Clara HD
Booklet version of Kual 2.7 does not 'pin' to recent menu

First, thanks guys for developing Kual - brilliant job.

I have a query regarding Kual. I searched for previous posts but I couldn't find anything relevant so here goes. I have a PW3 and the device updated itself silently last week to firmware 5.9.5.1. I was able to restore the JB using the 1.15 hotfix by NiLuJe and I also installed booklet version of Kual 2.7 - everything is working again.

However, one thing I've noticed is the new booklet version of Kual doesn't 'pin' itself to the Kindle recent home screen and every time I open a new book or booklet Kual is pushed further down the 'recent' list. My Kual icon is now on the 3rd screen. I never had this problem with the older version of Kual.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or can someone suggest a fix?

Thanks

Last edited by DoomGuy; 09-03-2018 at 04:42 PM.
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@DoomGuy: "Recent" sorting works in mysterious ways .

Since we're now a brand-new mime-type, it's possible we get sorted behind a lot of things. I've never really looked into it, but I can mostly confirm your experience from what I've seen on my PW2.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
DoomGuy
DoomGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Kobo Clara HD
Phew, that's great NiLuJe - for a while I thought I fooked up the restore process

No bother, I will leave it with you. It's no big deal and I can work around by filtering for 'docs' and 'recent' - I can access it faster this way.
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, it's probably something of the sort, it's been a good long while since I've dared tried to understand how sorting worked, but it being sorted alongside "personal documents", behind "books" w/ an ASIN sounds fairly plausible .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kual, pin