Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
philmug
philmug began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Muses and Boox Note 3
Muses android 8.1 upgrade not working

I have tried over and over again following every step carefully, but I can not seem to get my muses to connect in boot mode to the PC to use the "AndroidTool". Does anyone have any advice? I really appreciate your time, Thanks
philmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
philmug
philmug began at the beginning.

Device: likebook Muses and Boox Note 3
I have held the "home" button down and then plugged the usb cable in, but it does not go to the boot screen to upload the new firmware. I've tried several different combinations of this to no avail. Not sure why I cant get it to work like all of the posted instructions seem to say.
philmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2021, 12:27 PM   #3
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Don’t know if you have already successfully updated but I remember the main issues I encountered with the provided instructions were the bit about the hold button, which you already know about, and that I was not powering off the Muses properly at the step that calls for it. In order to do so, you need to hold the power button until the power off/restart small window appears and then select the power off button. I was initially not doing that but just closing my case and putting the device to sleep,
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmug View Post
I have held the "home" button down and then plugged the usb cable in, but it does not go to the boot screen to upload the new firmware. I've tried several different combinations of this to no avail. Not sure why I cant get it to work like all of the posted instructions seem to say.
Did you install the drivers?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote