Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-06-2024, 05:27 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Inkpad Color 3 NEW Update : 6.8.3627

After almost a year of waiting, it's here!

Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3 New Update : 6.8.3627

For those users who are impatiently waiting for a new update for the Inkpad Color 3 device, I have very good news for you
Use "Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3" to be updated with new updates: 6.8.3627

The main fix that many users have been waiting for is the dropbox login fix, which should be fixed in this version.

The list of changes is not yet available, for those who want access to the update immediately, I will leave the download link:

>>> https://download.pocketbook-int.com/....3627_user.zip <<<

I would really appreciate it if Color 3 users could write if they see any significant changes, if I'm not mistaken, Color 3 & Inkpad 4 is currently the only device that has received an update marked 6.8.36**

Prediction Update relase :

Spoiler:
Core changes

1-2. Implementation of an automatic connection to Bluetooth headphones after the device
is turned on, if previously paired headphones are found.
3. Support of the new Dropbox authorization schema.
Reading program
1. When turning into landscape orientation there is now an automatic change of the prev
page and next page buttons for flipping pages more conveniently in this orientation.
2. Faster zoom in PDF, DjVu formatted books.
3. Faster handling of the list of notes in the «Content» of the Reading app as well as the
Notes Application.
4. Smoother movement of sliders while highlighting text in a book.
5. Fixed the problem that could cause grey frames in some illustrations in books of FB2
format.
6. Fixed a problem that could cause incorrect adjustment of contrast, brightness, and
saturation of the page in some PDF format books.
7. Addressed an issue that could have prevented the underlining of text strings while
creating notes in some EPUB format books.
8. Resolved the issue of possible inverted illustrations in some books of CBZ format when
Dark mode is enabled.
9. Fixed a problem that could cause an unprecise opening of a note from a list of notes,
that was created in PocketBook application on iOS and received when synchronizing notes
with PB Cloud.

Other improvements
1. ReadRate service has been removed from the firmware due to the change of purpose
of this service (now it is an information portal, not a recommendation service).
2. Added functionality of informing the website about the current color scheme, depending
on whether Dark mode is enabled or not in the Browser application.
3. Added functionality to invert the current web page when Dark mode is enabled in the
Browser application.
4. Fixed an issue that may have caused some third-party dictionaries in .dic format not to
work on device.
5. Fixed a problem that could cause an incorrect search in the Library if special characters
are present in the search word.
6. Fixed an issue that could cause the absence of Adobe activation in device Settings when
activating the device in the ADE application.
7. Fixed an issue that may have caused some ghosting to remain when moving a slider
while editing an address bar in the Browser application.
8. Fixed a problem that might have prevented scrolling through the list of pictures in the
popup window using hardware buttons while adding pictures to a playlist in the Photo
Frame application.
9. Fixed the problem that some books in CBZ format were displayed without covers in
Library application.
10. Fixed an issue that displayed the author’s name incorrectly in some audiobooks.
11. Some wording improvements.
12. Other minor bugfixes and improvements.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 06-06-2024 at 05:48 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 05:41 PM   #2
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Thanks for the heads-up!

These changes look similar to Inkpad Color 2 version 6.8.3140 from February: https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...Color_2_EN.pdf

My reader doesn't see an update yet. I wonder when it'll be generally available.
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2024, 05:46 PM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
Thanks for the heads-up!

These changes look similar to Inkpad Color 2 version 6.8.3140 from February: https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...Color_2_EN.pdf

My reader doesn't see an update yet. I wonder when it'll be generally available.
The update is already available for download on the Pocketbook servers, the availability varies in the OTA channel, it can be available in a day or a month that's why I usually leave a download link for users who don't want to wait longer. I don't no why it takes so long, maybe the OTA update is available after updating the WEB & CLD server.
yes, the update may be very similar to Color 2.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 06:00 AM   #4
Ruff_d
Ruff_d began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IC3
Thank you! Dropbox finally works again.
Ruff_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Thanks Michal! Dropbox is now working.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2024, 11:03 AM   #6
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I would really appreciate it if Color 3 users could write if they see any significant changes, if I'm not mistaken, Color 3 & Inkpad 4 is currently the only device that has received an update marked 6.8.36**
The only visible change to me was the Dropbox availability announcement. I don't use the dark mode, so didn't test related changes.

Also, CSS styles were reset, so my custom fb2.css was restored as well. Oh well, next time I'll do a backup.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:15 AM   #7
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dark mode was already in 6.8.2480 from Nov 2023, so I’m not quite sure what those release notes were trying to say.

How did you discover this update Michal?
Old 06-07-2024, 11:46 AM   #8
robertpolson
Zealot
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Thank you.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 12:24 PM   #9
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Dark mode was already in 6.8.2480 from Nov 2023, so I’m not quite sure what those release notes were trying to say.
There are several dark mode related fixes, which I didn't test:

Quote:
8. Resolved the issue of possible inverted illustrations in some books of CBZ format when Dark mode is enabled.
2. Added functionality of informing the website about the current color scheme, depending on whether Dark mode is enabled or not in the Browser application.
3. Added functionality to invert the current web page when Dark mode is enabled in the Browser application.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:15 AM   #10
tymmej
tymmej began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color 3 / Verse Pro
Is this update for all regions?

I have PocketBook in Poland and trying to update results in "this update is not for this device and will be deleted".

In fwinfo.xml file there's <serial>YTL_________________</serial> entry. My device starts with YTM.

Last edited by tymmej; 06-14-2024 at 08:17 AM.
tymmej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 02:30 PM   #11
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymmej View Post
Is this update for all regions?

I have PocketBook in Poland and trying to update results in "this update is not for this device and will be deleted".

In fwinfo.xml file there's <serial>YTL_________________</serial> entry. My device starts with YTM.
Mine starts "YTR" and I successfully applied the update.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:59 AM   #12
tymmej
tymmej began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color 3 / Verse Pro
Finally it worked.

I don't know what was different, but I suspect I had similar problem to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=16

Downloaded SWUPDATE.BIN file was ~360 MB, after third download it was 414.3 MB and that file worked.
tymmej is offline   Reply With Quote