Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Akshar
Akshar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hello from (for now) Beijing, China

Hello people. Came across this forum by chance today (serendipity?) while reading up a bit online about the new iLiad reader. I've always loved reading , and it's nice to get to mingle with other book lovers out there. It's been my dream to get my hands on a good electronic reader. I'm not sure the few models currently in the market offer what I'm looking for, but am always open to suggestions . Been reading your comments online with great interest.

I wonder which ones can support other fonts, like Chinese for instance, and can also play audio and video files. Would be great if I could actually write Chinese (with character recognition) on the screen as with the electronic dictionaries currently in the market. I'd love to be able to practise my as yet limited Chinese on the go. I'd ideally look forward to a really all-in-one device rather than having to pick and choose from among limited-option offerings. I do hope Apple gets into this potentially limitless business and comes up with a killer reader -- quickly . I'm tired of waiting.
Akshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Akshar, and welcome to MobileRead. Please stay a while, haunt the forums, look at our Wiki, and ask questions!

There is a perfect reader out there for everyone, and I'm sure you'll find yours soon.

In the meantime, be sure and look at all the free books uploaded here, altho none are in Chinese.

Good luck to you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Akshar and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
foxql
foxql began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello
i am from china too

i think if you care chinese support more , you should buy iliad in china ,just as taobao.com

i look for everywhere of the forum , but didn't find the way to add chinese glyphs in which
bought from irexshop
foxql is offline   Reply With Quote